Ayurveda is the age-old study of Indian nature-based science and lifestyle that is particularly beneficial to the skin. So, on this page, you will get remedies for beautiful skin from Dr. Harpreet Arora, founder of Aahar Vihar Diet & Wellness Clinic, Amritsar-India. You can take an online consultation at https://aahar-vihar-diet-wellness-clinic.business.site/?utm_source=gmb&utm_medium=referral
When it comes to the skin, we all want a healthy, even-toned & bright complexion. It’s a known fact that we feel better when we look better.
“As an Ayurveda practitioner, I strongly believe that you need to make adjustments to your lifestyle, diet, stress, and exercise in order to have great skin.”
Follow her at https://www.facebook.com/dietclinicaaharvihar
Having beautiful skin as you get older means making smart choices throughout your life. But, just as doing the right things now can help you down the road, wrong skin care choices can have lifelong impacts.
Taking good care of your skin is essential for more than just your appearance. As the largest organ you have, your skin is essential to your general health.
Ayurveda is an ancient science that began in Ayurveda 3000 years ago.
Ayurveda means knowledge of life: The system is based on the idea that there are 5 elements that makeup 3 key doshas & disease occurs when there’s an imbalance in these doshas.
Some skin conditions may be genetic, while most of them these days are caused by factors like
- Poor lifestyle
- Bad eating habits
- Use of drugs
- Sleeping disorders
- Lack of exercise
But as I always say, “You need to know the root cause, Before visiting a doctor”. You need to check the following factors:
- First, you need to check your diet. A research review from 2021 found that chocolate, foods high in fat, and foods with a high glycemic index (carbohydrates and sugar) were associated with acne.,itchy & dull skin.
- Second hydration, If the outermost layer of the epidermis doesn’t contain enough water, the skin will lose elasticity and feel rough
- The third major factor is stress, Have you ever noticed that you break out more when you’re stressed? Intense emotions, such as stress, anger, fear, or pressure, can trigger acne and eczema
- The most important lack of sleep is, A good night’s sleep is very important for our overall health, sleep has dozens of anti-aging benefits for the skin, including the production of collagen, which prevents sagging skin and wrinkles. Inadequate sleep can raise your cortisol levels. This hormone triggers inflammation ultimately leading to rough & dull skin Acne & obesity.
Ancient ayurvedic skin care includes Ayurvedic facials, treatments for skin diseases, and herbal formulations for the skin.
So here are a few herbal & traditional formulations for various skin ailments. Here is the first step:
- Basic cleansing encourages proper skin hydration and prevents the production of excess oils.
- I personally believe in double cleansing
- Take two spoons of milk + a spoon of honey + cucumber juice
- Cleanse your face & neck with this cleanser
- A spoon of besan( gram flour + curd + a pinch of turmeric) apply this on your face
- Keep this for 10 mins a rinse with water
- Your canvas is clear
- Simply by using this remedy for 10 days you can feel the radiance
- Improve your overall diet
- Have an aloe vera juice
- 2 spoons of aloe vera juice in 1/4th glass of water every day ( empty stomach)
- Use aloe vera gel on acne-prone skin regularly
- Avoid stale & packed food
- Apply coconut oil + olive oil on dull & flaky skin At night after cleansing ( add a bit of honey while massaging)
- Keep this on your face for about 20 mins & wipe it off with a damp cloth
Use Manjishtha (Aromatic madder) for acne-prone skin.
Manjistha helps in the management of various skin diseases like acne, infections, wounds, etc. due to its anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antioxidant properties.
There are many names for Manjistha around the world. There are several names for this plant, including Aromatic madder, Indian madder, Munjeet Madder wort, Bengal madder, Rubia root, and Runas.
Kunkukadi Telum (Oil)
It’s an ayurvedic facial oil. It works as a natural skin illuminator by lightening the skin tone and improving skin texture,
Take (2-3 drops) of Kumkumadi Night Serum on your palm, apply over the face with fingertips and gently massage onto the skin until fully absorbed. Read more about Kumkumadi oil at https://www.netmeds.com/health-library/post/kumkumadi-tailam-benefits-uses-ingredients-method-dosage-and-side-effects.
“Taking good care of yourself with a healthy diet. You can improve your skin with beauty sleep and ayurvedic remedies.”
Many of us love winter and cold weather, but all seasons have their own pros and cons. As far as hea…
It is important to get enough Vitamin D in order to maintain good health. In order to build strong b…
Ayurveda is the age-old study of Indian nature-based science and lifestyle that is particularly bene…