E-Journal Times Desk
According to verified market research, the global market for aloe vera was valued at USD 735.88 Million in 2022 and is expected to reach USD 1271.47 Million by 2030, growing at a CAGR of 6.8%. Aloe vera extracts are becoming more popular due to their medical importance in treating diabetes, skin diseases, etc. There are a few key drivers driving the market. This report evaluates the global aloe vera market holistically.
Aloe Vera is a popular plant related to skin and hair care. Since ancient times, aloe vera has been used for its medicinal and healing properties. Herbal supplements, creams, and juices contain this popular ingredient.
These nutrients are found in 100 gm of aloe vera juice drink, according to the USDA.
- Calories: 15 Kcal
- Carbohydrates: 3.75 g
- Sodium: 8 mg
- Calcium: 8 mg
- Vitamin C: 3.8 mg
Aloe Vera: what is it?
Aloe Vera has medicinal properties. It is a cactus-like plant that grows in hot, dry climates.
A clear gel-like substance is found in the leaves of this plant, which are very thick and fleshy. It is a potent natural remedy for sunburns due to its high level of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
As far back as history goes, aloe has been used to treat skin conditions and to promote wound healing as well as to improve baldness.
“Aloe is used topically (applied to the skin) and orally. Topical use of aloe is promoted for acne, lichen planus (a very itchy rash on the skin or in the mouth), oral submucous fibrosis, burning mouth syndrome, burns, and radiation-induced skin toxicity. Oral aloe use is promoted for weight loss, diabetes, hepatitis, and inflammatory bowel disease (a group of conditions caused by gut inflammation that includes Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis).”-https://www.nccih.nih.gov/health/aloe-vera
Benefits of Aloe Vera: What You Need to Know?
- The hypoglycemic properties of aloe vera may help people with diabetes regulate their blood sugar levels.
- You can nourish and strengthen your hair by adding aloe vera gel to your shampoo or conditioner.
- To soothe and hydrate your skin, apply aloe vera gel. It can also be used as an after-sun product or as a makeup remover.
- Aloe vera can also promote wound healing, reduce inflammation, boost the immune system, and regulate digestion.
- As well as fighting off infections, aloe vera contains antioxidants and polysaccharides.
- It is rich in vitamins, minerals, and amino acids, making it a valuable ingredient in supplements and juices.
- Among its antibacterial properties, aloe vera assists in the fight against bacteria and protects against infections.
- Aloe vera can be used topically or consumed internally, but individuals with latex allergies should avoid it.
- It’s important to consult with a doctor before taking supplements to avoid any potential side effects or interactions.
What are the properties of aloe vera?
As a medicinal plant, aloe vera has many benefits, including soothing and moisturizing the skin, promoting wound healing, reducing inflammation, boosting the immune system, and regulating digestion.
Besides being rich in vitamins and minerals, aloe vera is also an essential ingredient for skincare and hair care products.
In the form of juice or supplements, it can be applied topically or consumed internally. It’s important to consult a doctor before taking supplements containing aloe vera if you have latex allergies.
For instance, aloe vera gel, which is derived from the aloe vera plant, contains compounds that can cause an allergic reaction in some people with latex allergies.
What kind of aloe vera plant is best for skin care?
Aloe vera plants come in over 500 species, but Aloe barbadensis miller is the most commonly known and used species for skin care. Skin health benefits from the high content of bioactive compounds, such as vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and antioxidants, found in this species.
It’s important to note that there are many types of aloe vera plants, but Aloe barbadensis miller has received the most attention and research for skin care purposes.
In order to get the most benefits from aloe vera for skin care, choose pure, high-quality aloe vera products that contain a high percentage of the plant’s extract. If you want to buy this plant, visit https://eppsurbanhomestead.weebly.com/store/p40/Aloe_Vera_Barbadensis_Miller_Plants.html
What we can do with aloe vera in our daily lives?
Many ways can be found to incorporate aloe vera into your daily life. As examples, here are a few:
- If your skin is dry or irritated, apply pure aloe vera gel to soothe and hydrate it. DIY face masks can also be made by mixing aloe vera gel with other natural ingredients like honey or coconut oil.
- Natural hair conditioners such as aloe vera gel promotes healthy hair growth and prevent dandruff. Apply aloe vera gel and coconut oil to your hair and leave it on for at least 30 minutes.
- Aloe vera juice is beneficial for improving digestion and relieving stomach problems such as bloating and acid reflux. Always choose pure, organic, non-preservative aloe vera juices.
- Antioxidants in aloe vera can support the immune system. Smoothies and juices can be made with aloe vera.
- The soothing, healing properties of aloe vera are well known for their ability to soothe and treat sunburns. Redness, pain, and inflammation can be reduced with aloe vera gel applied to sunburnt skin.
Before using or consuming aloe vera products, do a patch test and use pure and organic aloe vera products. Before using aloe vera for medicinal purposes, consult with a healthcare professional.
Here are some interesting facts about aloe vera
Aloe vera has some facts:
- A single leaf of aloe vera can regenerate itself and it can live without soil, which gives it the nickname “plant of immortality”.
- Ancient Egyptians used aloe vera for burial rituals to preserve bodies.
- Houseplants like aloe vera purify the air and remove harmful toxins like formaldehyde and benzene.
- Aloe vera has been used to treat sunburn for centuries. In addition to soothing burns and skin irritations, it can also relieve rashes.
- For centuries, aloe vera juice has been popular as a health drink and is known for its digestive properties.
- There are a variety of products that contain aloe vera, including cosmetics, soaps, shampoos, and lotions.
- Aloe vera is a member of the succulent family and is related to cacti.
- Around the world, aloe vera is grown in many different places, including the United States, Mexico, China, India, and South Africa.
How can people extract aloe vera gel?
To extract aloe vera gel:
- Pick a plump and firm leaf from a mature aloe vera plant.
- Make sure not to cut too close to the stem when cutting the leaf at the base.
- Allow the leaf to drain for several minutes in a bowl or cup in order to remove any yellow sap.
- To remove the serrated edges and the sharp tip of the leaf, place it on a cutting board and use a sharp knife.
- Slice the leaf in half lengthwise, then scoop out the clear gel inside with a spoon.
- Using a clean container, collect the gel and discard any remaining sap or leaf.
- The gel can be used immediately or stored for up to a week in the refrigerator.
You can also purchase aloe vera gel prepackaged at health food stores, pharmacies, and online retailers.
Read another article “Don’t worry if you are pre-diabetic, it can be controlled” at https://journals-times.com/2023/01/19/prediabetes-has-to-be-controlled-with-lifestyle-changes-dr-harpreet-arora/