The demand for delicious food items is knocking at our hearts during festivals, but the issues of health are also demanding attention. So, for that reason, Nutrinist & Food Blogger- Anjali Shukla is giving us five food ideas for the festive season in this special article. In addition, these ideas may be healthy as well. To read these five festive food recipes, scroll down.
The ideas for healthy food don’t need much modification.
“Health is wealth. No matter what’s the day, in modish food trend we can enjoy all yummy food equally with a healthy addon in the food preparation and plan your meal in the right way. For example, changing oil, changes in cooking pattern, instead of deep fry we can bake, instead of sugar, we can use jaggery or dates. We can prepare the same mouthwatering food in a healthy way with little changes. “- Anjali Shukla (Nutritionist/ Food Blogger), Follow- https://youtube.com/c/RasoeeRecipebyAnjali
Festivals are days filled with celebrations & fun. However, we must not ignore our health during such times. We all don’t want high numbers in our blood test reports after the festival. When it’s come to health we all should think in long run. Read more about how to stay healthy in the festive season at https://www.parentcircle.com/tips-to-stay-healthy-during-the-festive-season/article
Enjoying Food does not make you gain weight too much.
As we know the festival season is all about enjoying mouthwatering cuisine, not fearing them. You need to make conscious choices and not run away from eating out or at dinner parties. Enjoying food during 4-5 days of festivals does not make you gain weight too much. That’s only when, what you do all year round that matters. “If you eat healthy year-round then eating out during festivities would not matter much.” But what if you are not able to stick with a healthy routine year around? That doesn’t mean you will not eat or enjoy festive food. Yes, you can do, no need to run away…
Five Healthy food for the Festive Season
Ingredients for Salad Paste
- 1 cup cashew soaked and 1/4 cup almond
- half green chili
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- How to make paste-Grind it together and make a smooth paste
Ingredients For salad
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1/2 cup baby corn
- 1/4 cup Tofu or Paneer
- 6 – 8 leaf spinach
- 6-8 leaf baby kale
- 5 leaves of lettuce
- 1 cup of red and yellow bell pepper steam all vegetables for 3 min
- Nuts and seeds (pumpkin seed ) as per choice and taste
How to make
- Steam broccoli, bell pepper, and baby corn for 3 to 4 min
- Now add cashew cheese paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- Mix well and serve
- 2 cups chickpeas soaked overnight and rinse twice before making a paste
- add 5 pods of garlic
- 1 medium size onion roughly chopped
- a hand full of parsley
- a hand full of cilantro
How to make
- Blend all together to make a thick paste to give Tikki shape
- Now add falafel seasoning and salt to taste the paste and mix well.
- Now add 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda and mix again
- Give a Tikki shape and deep air fryer it or bake it (you can also deep fry it)
- Serve with a choice of salad
Food No.- 3
- Chopped dates – 1 cup
- Almonds – 1/4th cup
- Cashew nuts – 1/4th cup
- Figs – 1/4th cup
- Pistachios – 1/4th cup
- Raisins – 1/4th cup
- Desiccated coconut
- Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
How to Make
- Grind the dates in a blender for 4-5 pulses and keep them aside.
- – Now, finely chop the cashew nuts, almonds, figs, pistachios, and raisins.
- – Heat the ghee in a wok on low flame, then add in the chopped dry fruits and sauté for 4-5 minutes.
- – Add the coarsely blended dates to the above mix and give it a nice stir, mashing the dates well.
- – Add in the cardamom powder and mix it well.
- – Turn off the flame and let the mixture cool for 2 minutes.
- – Transfer the mixture to a large dish and make the Ladoos.
- – Store them in an airtight container.
- 15 Dried Apricots
- 1 cup cashew Nuts
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1Coconut powder (optional )
- apricot works as an antioxidant and has many other health benefits.
- cashew nuts are good for the heart.
- cardamom powder is good for digestion.
How to make
- Blend all the ingredients except than coconut powder
- take a small portion and make a ball / give a Ladoo.
- dry roast the coconut powder on the pan until the color turn light golden (it’s optional as coconut has five nice flavors and texture )
- take it out on the plate and let it cool down a bit
- now roll the apricot Ladoo / ball one by one with the coconut powder
- Keep it in a clean jar, you can also gift it to your friends and family.
- 500 ml milk
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- ⅓ cup chopped dates
- 1 medium apple grated
- 1 tablespoon raisins
How to make
- Heat ghee in a pan and add grated apples. Cook this mixture on a medium flame for about 8-9 mins or till moisture evaporates. Remove from flame and let it cool down to room temperature.
- – Heat milk in a deep non-stick pan and bring to a boil.
- – Once it boils, add chopped dates and let it simmer for about 7-8 minutes. Then add raisins and cook for another 2-3 mins. Remove from flame and let it cool down to room temperature.
- – Once both our mixtures cool down completely, add the apple mixture to the milk.
- – Mix well and refrigerate for 2-3 hours before serving.
- – Serve chilled.
Read more about Health at https://journals-times.com/2022/10/07/nuts-and-seeds-that-are-high-in-protein-for-vegetarians/
Read Value of festive decoration at https://journals-times.com/2022/10/18/satisfy-your-mind-with-2022-festive-decorations/